American Sign Language
The FLL Department offers one full year of AS as well as other opportunities. For more information, contact Dede Kliewer.
LSGN 109 American Sign Language I:
This course introduces the basics of American Sign Language and Deaf Culture. It is designed
for students who have limited or no knowledge of ASL. The course will focus on receptive and
expressive skills in basic conversation, dialogue, and vocabulary development.
LSGN 110 American Sign Language II:
This course expands knowledge of and experiences in Deaf Culture and American Sign
Language skills. It is designed to develop communicative competence at an intermediate level.
There are social, recreational, and political functions to gather Deaf people, and they are open to anyone at all levels from novice signer to advanced signer who is interested in being part of it.
Below are the examples of various functions where Deaf people attend:
- American Sign Language Teachers Association of Colorado
- Colorado Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Colorado Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Colorado Deaf Golfers Association
- Colorado Association of the Deaf
- Deaf Fest (Deaf Theater Group)
- Silent Athletic Club of Denver
- Northern Colorado Deaf Chat
- CSU Sign Language Club
- Colorado Deaf Bikers
You may access the ColoradoDeaf.com website that provides various Deaf events throughout Colorado .